4014 North Goldwater Boulevard #101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
At this free event, Diana will host the U.S. book-launch party for Susanna Kearsley’s new novel, A Desperate Fortune
Diana will introduce Ms. Kearsley and discuss the new book.
Although she will not be signing books at the event, Diana’s fans will be the first able to purchase Signed copies of
(Random $40) . This new volume covering the first four Outlander novels may also be ordered by clicking on the link at any time thereafter to be picked up at The Poisoned Pen or shipped to you. Diana will not be able to personalize books but only these copies will include the Gaelic “to your good health.”
Diana’s fans are welcome to ask questions about the Outlander book and TV series during the Q&A.
No reserved seating. There are many (quick) dining options in the immediate vicinity of the store. Early arrivals may purchase their book(s) and place a marker on their seats.
This event will be Livestreamed. Fans can watch it live or at any time thereafter by going to www.poisonedpen.com and clicking on Livestream on the top bar, and then on event.
For nearly three hundred years, the cryptic journal of Mary Dundas has kept its secrets. Now, amateur codebreaker Sara Thomas travels to Paris to crack the cipher.
Jacobite exile Mary Dundas is longing-for freedom, adventure, and the family she lost. When fate opens the door, Mary dares to set her foot on a path far more surprising and dangerous than she ever could have dreamed.
As Mary’s gripping tale of rebellion and betrayal is revealed to her, Sara faces events in her own life that require letting go of everything she thought she knew-about herself, about loyalty, and especially about love. Though divided by centuries, these two women are united in a quest to discover the limits of trust and the unlikely coincidences of fate.
Diana Gabaldon’s Outlandish Companion (Revised & Updated)*
#1 New York Times bestselling author Diana Gabaldon has captivated millions of readers with her critically acclaimed Outlander novels, the inspiration for the Starz original series. From the moment Claire Randall stepped through a standing stone circle and was thrown back in time to the year 1743—and into a world that threatens life, limb, loyalty, heart, soul, and everything else Claire has—readers have been hungry to know everything about this world and its inhabitants, particularly a Scottish soldier named Jamie Fraser.
In this beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish, Gabaldon covers the first four novels of the main series, including:
• full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn
• a complete listing of the characters (fictional and historical) in the first four novels in the series, as well as family trees and genealogical notes
• a comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage
• The Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel, explained
• frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers
• an annotated bibliography
• essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, creating characters, and more
• professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire
• the making of the TV series: how we got there from here, and what happened next (including “My Brief Career as a TV Actor”)
• behind-the-scenes photos from the Outlander TV series set
For anyone who wants to spend more time with the Outlander characters and the world they inhabit, Diana Gabaldon here opens a door through the standing stones and offers a guided tour of what lies within.